Study Overseas Ideas & Advice
It is difficult to compare the rewards one can gain from studying overseas with anything else. The experience can change your perspective from being local to global and your attitudes to international. Not only that but you will likely gain memories and friendships to last a lifetime.
Interestingly though, one of the biggest barriers causing students to decide not to examine abroad, is that they believe it would be too expensive and or too difficult. The abroad students who do decide to review abroad and utilise the services of an education agent are often very surprised at how easy it was to organize, and also at how affordable it can be.To know more about Study Abroad
The following information is a useful and will likely provide some good suggestions and advice for prospective abroad students looking to study abroad. Although the following information can be useful, it is recommended that students see a qualified education agent to ensure they receive up-to-date and current examine overseas advice tailored to their specific needs and circumstances.
Why analyze overseas?
There are many reasons people choose to study overseas:
• Language acquisition – The world market place is shrinking and many companies now look for or require staff that can speak a second language. For students in Thailand or Asia where English is a second language, being able to speak English can be a significant advantage in the competitive labor market. Not only is being able to speak a second language such as English important from a career perspective, but it is also invaluable from a real world perspective.
• Practical experience – Examine coupled with work experience can be an ideal way to gain some real world experience. Many students are surprised to find out that in many countries such as Australia they are free to work and gain an income while studying (currently at the time of this article being written it is 20 hours per week with a student visa). When this is factored into the cost of studying overseas it can significantly reduce the expense and studying and working overseas can be very affordable.
• Career Advancement – International experience is much sort after by many employers as a critical asset for prospective employees. Research abroad shows that you are resourceful, adventurous, internationally minded, and diverse. In addition, in many countries such as Thailand it is extremely competitive and expensive to gain selection to a highly respected university. By not gaining selection to a top university you may be limiting your career potential unnecessarily. Review abroad is another option however which will allow you to studying abroad in a country such as Australia and gain English language skills and once completed will see you just as attractive or more so to potential employers not only in Thailand but around the world.
• Experience of a lifetime – In a couple years you may forget a lot of what you have studied in high school and university but if you study overseas you will never forget the friends you made or the incredible experiences you shared.
How do I find the right Education Agent for me?
Once you have made the decision to examine overseas you may then want to find an education agent to guide you through the process. But what should you look for in finding the right education agent for you? There are many education agents and this task is not as easy as it sounds, but if you follow the ideas below you will be on the right track to finding an agent for you:
1) Look for an education agent that are members of peak body organizations in not only your home country but also the country you intend to research. By doing this you can be more confident the agent you have selected is professional and trustworthy. For example, students from Thailand wishing to review in Australia should select an agent registered with the Thai International Education Consultants Association (TIECA) in Thailand and the Qualified Education Agent Counsellor Database (QEACP) in the destination country Australia.
2) Prospective international students should also look for education agents which have registered business’ and offices in both their home country and the destination country. In the example used above this would require the agent to have a fixed business address and offices in both Thailand and Australia. By ensuring your education agent has an office in your home country it will be far easier, and probably quicker, to organise the necessary paperwork before you are able to research, including visas and school enrolment. In addition, by checking your education agent has an office in the country you intend to research, for example Australia, you can be assured that when you require support or assistance, with such things as visa renewal, you will be able to access this a lot more easily. More education agents should provide such support services free of charge if you have enrolled with them prior to coming to Australia. It is important to check this however or you may be charged for basic support requirements, such as writing to your school or government departments in relation to visa issues.
Click For More Info Study overseas